1/1 Photo of Almond Shrimp with Amaretto Butter
A fabulous, romantic dish for two - and it's quick and easy! I adapted the recipe from a Junior League of Lafayette, LA recipe; they say that it is the creation of Sous Chef Bryan Richard of Chez Marcelle. The original recipe calls for an entire stick of butter, but I think you'll agree that 3 tbsp. is plenty. If you like Amaretto, you'll love this! It can be served with angel hair pasta, but I like to eat it without so as not to interfere with the delicious flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in skillet until golden brown, then saute onion in butter until translucent and barely browned.
- 2Add shrimp and saute about 5 minutes.
- 3Add amaretto, almonds and salt and cook on medium heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Serve alone as an elegant appetizer, or over angel hair pasta as an entree.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Shrimp with Amaretto Butter
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 391.4 mg
- Sodium 1041.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: