Recipe from the 2003 Texas Gatorfest, these sound tasty. Serving sizes and yield are estimated. Prep time includes 10 minutes 'stand' time. Posted for ZWT5.
- Heat oil to 365 F in a deep fryer, or per manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a skillet, sauté alligator meat until done. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients, mixing well. Add sautéed alligator and stir to blend. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Use a serving spoon to scoop up tablespoon size pieces of batter and gently drop them into the oil; rinse and dry the spoon as needed to keep the batter from sticking.
- Cook the hush puppies, 8 to 10 at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and roll on paper towels to briefly drain. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
I would give 5 stars plus but I changed the recipe a bit LOL I used chicken finely chopped instead of alligator. Plus when I went to get creamed corn I was out UGH so I kind of made my own using regular canned corn and heavy cream whirled in the food processor ( I actually liked the flavour of this better LOL) But other then that made as stated but cut the recipe in half. These were so delicious . We like them drizzled with honey. I served them with Cajun Potato Salad#373266 and Cajun Meatloaf#177849. Made for ZWT 5 Cajun region for team ZAAR CHOW HOUNDS