1/2 Photos of Alligator Hush Puppies
Recipe from the 2003 Texas Gatorfest, these sound tasty. Serving sizes and yield are estimated. Prep time includes 10 minutes 'stand' time. Posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
hush pu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to 365 F in a deep fryer, or per manufacturer’s instructions.
- 2In a skillet, sauté alligator meat until done. Set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients, mixing well. Add sautéed alligator and stir to blend. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Use a serving spoon to scoop up tablespoon size pieces of batter and gently drop them into the oil; rinse and dry the spoon as needed to keep the batter from sticking.
- 5Cook the hush puppies, 8 to 10 at a time, until golden brown.
- 6Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and roll on paper towels to briefly drain. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alligator Hush Puppies
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1157.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: