3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe makes a very thick stew that's really good to eat on cold winter days. I've been eating this stew since I was a very small child and it's Dee-lish! It does take a while to make (I'm estimating on the cook time), but definitely worth it. I like to serve cornbread with this stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all meat in a large dutch oven.
- 2Add enough water to cover the meat.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook meat until tender.
- 4Take the meat out of the liquid.
- 5Remove any bones and grind meat.
- 6Add the potatoes, tomatoes and onions to the liquid in the dutch oven.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to fall apart.
- 8After the vegetables are done, add the meat.
- 9Cook, stirring, over low heat until well combined.
- 10Add the ketchup, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and seasonings to taste.
- 11Simmer for 1 hour.
- 12Stir frequently to prevent the stew from sticking to the bottom of the dutch oven.
- 13Add the corn and simmer for 20 additional minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alabama Camp Stew
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.9 mg
- Sodium 697.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 60.4 g