Served at the 5 Star PIERO'S Italian Restaurant in Las Vegas! This is the original recipe for the most delicious creamed corn (not sweet) you'll ever taste. Given to me by the kind executive chef of Piero's, Las Vegas. The recipe is so incredibly simple but the taste is out of this world. Not at all sticky sweet or mushy like canned cream corn, rather barely sweet, but just enough to make you know you are eating something very special. You can't go wrong with this dish. Super simple, elegant and impressive.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients, except butter and flour. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend melted butter with the flour to make a roux.
- Add roux to the corn and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is nicely browned.