Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Served at the 5 Star PIERO'S Italian Restaurant in Las Vegas! This is the original recipe for the most delicious creamed corn (not sweet) you'll ever taste. Given to me by the kind executive chef of Piero's, Las Vegas. The recipe is so incredibly simple but the taste is out of this world. Not at all sticky sweet or mushy like canned cream corn, rather barely sweet, but just enough to make you know you are eating something very special. You can't go wrong with this dish. Super simple, elegant and impressive.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs quality frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, not powdered kind
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients, except butter and flour. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend melted butter with the flour to make a roux.
- Add roux to the corn and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is nicely browned.
This corn is absolutely fantastic! And very easy to make also. When broiling the cheese topping you need to be very careful for if it's browned too much it is tough and chewy and hard to cut. The corn is also great on its own without the cheese. Thanks for posting this recipe. I`ll be making it for Christmas dinner this year!
We loved this really different style of creamed corn. my little girl could get enough of it. It was easy and tastey! Thanks for posting. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.
Outstanding receipe - Very festive and goes great with Prime Rib !